It is really important to make sure you are registered so you can vote for prosecutor at local elections across the United States. Why is it important to vote for the best candidate that is running for prosecutor? This blog will tell you why!
Powerful Office of a Prosecutor – Vote for Prosecutor at Local Elections
There is a movement to educate the public about the elected and powerful office of a prosecutor who works under and with the local county district attorney (often referred to as county attorney or DA).
- The president of the United States, the legislature, the governor, the mayor, the police, or a judge cannot override the decisions of a prosecutor. Thus you can see, this is a very powerful office.
- A prosecutor can drop all charges against an offender or he can prosecute to the fullest without answering to anyone.
- The United States government was designed with a “checks and balance” system to prevent too much power being given to single individuals. Somehow this principle was overlooked when designing the role of a prosecutor.
- Ideally, the “pretty well boundless power” of a prosecutor should be revamped, but if the office of a prosecutor is revamped, the whole U.S. justice system would need to be changed which is not easy and unlikely to happen anytime soon.
What most people are unaware of
In a previous blog, I shared the story of a prosecutor who creatively thought of ways to get around revamping the office of a prosecutor while still attaining positive results. I recommend reading this blog which is a condensed and highlighted version to educate people who care about the future and want to understand why it is important to vote for prosecutors which understand the importance of helping offenders while maintaining accountability rather than condemning them as failures for life. Most people are unaware of the frightening consequences of happenings in US communities because of the campaign “Tough on Crime” that has been statistically proven a very very expensive failure. “Tough on Crime” has made the US the most incarcerated country in the world.
- Although the US houses 5% of the population of the world, the US houses 25% of the world’s incarcerated.
- One in three black men spends time in jail or prison in the US.
Vote for Prosecutor at local elections 2018 – Important
Again, if you haven’t, I encourage you to read the “previous blog” link I provided above to understand why it is important to ask prospective and current prosecutors the following questions prior to casting your vote.
Adam Foss encourages everyone to contact their county attorney (DA) and /or the prosecutors working under the DA to see how they answer the following questions and then vote accordingly:
- What are you doing to make our community safer?
- If someone is homeless, where do you send them or how do you help them?
- If someone lacks job skills, what do you do to help them?
- If someone has an addiction, what resources do you recommend to them?
- If someone is mentally ill, do you call a family member to share low-income recommendations to stabilize their illness?
If one cannot answer these questions, he/she is ill-equipped to make our communities safer. I hope you now understand why it is important to vote for prosecutor at local elections.
Thanks for taking the time to consider my studies that will surely continue to spiral in a negative direction if we don’t become proactive about making changes so hopefully our children and grandchildren can enjoy safety and prosperity in the future.
Please Share with your Family and Friends!
Top Featured Photo by Parker Johnson