If you are praying but haven’t received answers to your prayers, following are 21 reasons to keep praying authentically.
21 Reasons to Keep Praying Authentically…
1. Because you haven’t been successful in finding something or someone to heal the illnesses of those you love, and you know from scriptures in the New Testament that Christ healed many.
2. Because if you desire to know God, it is necessary to converse with him and come to know him. – “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. –John 17:3
3. Because you would like the empty areas you sense within you to be filled with the light of God.
4. To understand more about God’s ways.
5. Because you are desperate for answers to solve problems.
6. To receive help from an all-knowing and all-powerful being.
7. To understand how to correct a mistake.
8. To get rid of guilt and shame
9. Because you want a relationship with God.
10. To gain more true knowledge.
11. To learn to love others with greater capacity.
12. To receive “missed out on” blessings.
13. To receive forgiveness of your sins.
14. To carry your burdens
15. To tell the difference between truth and lies. – “Jesus was a messenger sent from the Heavenly Council to declare the truth, and Jesus had limitless access to the record of Heaven, the truth of all things, the light that quickens every thing. … He is the one Moses prophesied would come and all Israel must give him heed or be cut off. … God the Father loves and acknowledges Jesus as His Son, and has made him the steward over all creation. … Jesus lived as the example, proving the pattern for redemption from the Fall as he progressed from grace to grace, until he received a fullness, or in other words, grew in light and truth until he was filled with truth and stands as the light of the world.” TSJ 3:4
16. To know the mysteries of God. – “Trifle not with these things; do not ask for that which you had not ought. … Ask that you may know the mysteries of God” T&C 3:3 “It is written that those who will not harden their hearts will receive a greater portion of your word, until they know the mysteries of God in full. It is also written that those who will harden their hearts will receive a lesser portion of your word, until they know nothing concerning the mysteries of God. We seek to leave behind a hard heart, and to be open to receiving a greater portion of your word, and to know of your mysteries, and obtain your grace for us as a people, that we may become yours.” T&C 156:14
17. To receive God’s grace. – “And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying, Fools mock, but they shall mourn. And my grace is sufficient for the meek.” Eth. 5:5
18. Because you no longer desire to be confused.
19. To receive wisdom – “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.” James 1:5
20. To know your state and standing before God.
21. To know the mind of Christ…
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.
But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.1 Corinthinans 2:9-16
These reasons to keep praying authentically will also help open yourself up to more flexible expectations when praying.
Until you receive answers to your prayers, consider employing crutches (see examples below) to help service your immediate needs until greater blessings are received.
- If seeking healing from illness, consider “crutches of medical services and medicines”.
- If seeking a healthy relationship, consider “crutches of applicable classes, counseling, or therapies”.
While awaiting answers to prayers, remind yourself of the 21 reasons to keep praying authentically. No need to worry about prayer rules/etiquette, just pray authentically while striving to focus on light. And remember while awaiting answers, you are improving your attributes of hopefulness, humility, patience, and trust in God’s timetable.
Top Featured Photo by Rayyu Maldives photographer