I was introduced to this Powerful Immune Booster recipe by a friend who is conscientious of health practices. I decided to try it, and I was so pleased with the results that I wanted to share them with my readers.
This recipe uses a lot of herbs. Since it is less expensive, I purchased all the herbs in one pound bulk quantities from Amazon, except for the black walnut hull herb, which wasn’t available on Amazon, so I bought it locally. However, you can purchase it directly from Starwest Botanicals if you desire.
Videos on fast and easy ways to peel garlic
The Powerful Immune Booster recipe calls for a lot of garlic, so I recommend learning how to save time by fast peeling garlic! The water method shown in this video is my favorite way.
Here are more ways to peel garlic. Choose your favorite method.
Full Batch of Powerful Immune Booster Recipe
- 4 cups fresh peeled garlic (Purchased at my local Costco warehouse in the produce section)
- 16 oz. Comfrey root (3 cups approximately)
- 4 oz. Wormwood herb (1 cup)
- 4 oz. Lobelia herb (1 cup)
- 8 oz. Marshmallow root (1 cup)
- 4 oz. White Oak Bark (1 cup)
- 8 oz. Black Walnut hull (1 cup) Not available on Amazon. Black Walnut Powder is more readily available, but I don’t recommend using herb powders for this recipe. Powders do not strain from liquids well.
- 4 oz. Mullein leaf (1 cup)
- 4 oz. Scullcap herb (1 cup)
- 8 oz. Uva Ursi leaf (1 cup)
- 8 oz. Hydrangea root (1 cup)
- 8 oz. Gravel root (1 cup)
- 1 gallon Apple cider vinegar (raw organic)- I bought Bragg vinegar in 1-quart jars from my local Smith’s grocery store for half the price of Amazon’s.
- 80 oz. Vegetable glycerin (10 cups) (purchased from Amazon)
- 80 oz. Raw, unfiltered honey (5lbs) (I used the honey I had stored in my food storage and bought locally, but I also provided a link to honey from Amazon.)
- Paint Strainer to fit a 5-gallon bucket (Home Depot)
- Two 5-gallon buckets (Home Depot)
- 3 gallons of distilled or purified water
- 11 to 12 one-quart glass bottles (ideally dark glass)- I buy Bragg vinegar in one-quart containers. When empty, I wash and refill them with powerful immune booster.
4 days before making your Powerful Immune Booster Recipe
- Four days before making your Powerful Immune Booster, place peeled garlic and apple cider vinegar (ACV) in the blender. For your information, all garlic and ACV will not fit in the blender at once. Blend garlic to a mushy consistency.
- Let mixture set in 1 or 2-quart jars. Leave space at the top for shaking. Shake the jars twice daily for four days.
The night before making your Powerful Immune Booster Recipe
- Place the herbs (except the garlic, which is tincturing in jars) in a 5-gallon bucket. Add 3 gallons of distilled or purified water. Soak overnight.
Okay, Ready to make your Powerful Immune Booster Recipe
- Put soaked herbs in a large stockpot and a second large pot. Cover with lids to bring herbs to a low boil. Watch carefully, so it doesn’t boil over. Simmer uncovered for 4 hours. I use a large 12-quart stockpot and a 5-quart pan because I prefer to have a few extra inches at the top as a buffer to prevent messy overages.
- While the herbs are simmering, strain garlic from ACV with a 5-gallon paint strainer inserted into a 5-gallon bucket. You can use the leftover strained garlic as animal feed, in your garden, or add it to your compost pile. After separating the crushed garlic from the ACV, the liquid no longer has any texture.
- Add honey and glycerin to the ACV liquid in the 5-gallon bucket.
- After herbs complete simmering, cool down from a hot to a warm temperature so you can comfortably touch them with your hands. Use a second 5-gallon bucket with the 5-gallon paint strainer inserted into it: strain herbs, and press the herbs to get all liquid out to maximize herbal goodness.
- You are now done with the herbs. Next, reduce the liquid (which will now fit in one large stockpot) to 2 quarts. This takes a while, and it is best not to boil but to simmer to steam off the liquid.
- Once you have reduced herbal liquid to 2 quarts, add to garlic ACV liquid, honey, and glycerin in the 5-gallon bucket. Stir until mixed well. Cool to a temperature that is comfortable to handle.
- Pour into 1-quart containers with a funnel. Be sure to leave at least 1 1/2 inches at the top so you can shake the immune booster before consuming. Yields about 10 quarts.
- Recommended doses are 1 tsp daily as a preventative or 1 T. every waking hour during an illness until symptoms disappear.
If the Powerful Immune Booster is made as directed and also kept in a cool, dark location, it will keep for many years, and refrigeration is not necessary.
Putting It to the Test
My husband and I have used this highly effective recipe for several years. It is successful in fighting off colds, sore throats, and infections such as ear and bladder infections. When feeling adverse symptoms, increase your immune booster dose to 1 T. every hour and increase water intake to lessen the severity of or stop the illness.
Half Batch Powerful Immune Booster Recipe
If you prefer making a smaller batch, here is the half batch Powerful Immune Booster recipe which makes three quarts. I recommend making a full batch because it takes about the same amount of time to make as a small batch.
- 2 cups fresh garlic
- 8 oz. Comfrey root (2 cups)
- 2 oz. Wormwood herb (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. Lobelia herb (1/2 cup)
- 4 oz. Marshmallow root (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. White Oak Bark (1/2 cup)
- 4 oz. Black Walnut hull (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. Mullein leaf (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. Scullcap herb (1/2 cup)
- 4 oz. Uva Ursi leaf (1/2 cup)
- 4 oz. Hydrangea root (1/2 cup)
- 4 oz. Gravel root (1/2 cup)
- 64 oz. Apple cider vinegar (raw organic)- 1/2 gallon
- 40 oz. Vegetable glycerin (5 cups)
- 40 oz. Raw unfiltered honey (5 cups)
- Paint Strainer to fit a 5-gallon bucket (Home Depot)
- 5-gallon bucket
- 1-1/2 gallons of distilled water
- 5 to 6 one-quart glass bottles (ideally dark glass)
The small-batch yields about 5 quarts.
Also, check out my Quick Mix Immune Booster Recipe
Top Featured Photo by Ivan Vranić