Since a top goal of mine is healing, I am continually studying about various healing methods. While I know breathing deep is healing, I wasn’t making it a practice to do deep breathing exercises. When I received an epiphany about breathing exercises, I realized it was important.
I believe when I have an epiphany, it is from God. I would describe the epiphanies I have had as flash visions. They are very quick and interestingly, they always come during the day. Although they are quick and unexpected, I remember them better than a dream.
Cleansing and healing
A few months ago, I had an epiphany about breathing in and out. I saw a large arrow pointing outward from my mouth. I immediately knew I was receiving a message to do breathing exercises. I then had the thought that the regular practice of doing deep breathing exercises was an important part of the cleansing and healing process. I clearly understood breathing deep was more important than I realized. I immediately started making deep breathing exercises a priority each day.
Deep breathing exercises from the core
The deepest type of breathing I have been introduced to is working through the core abs of the body. I will describe how I do deep breathing exercises through the abs in 5 steps. These can be done while standing (preferred) or laying down.
- Breathe in deeply through the nose filling your abdomen with air.
- Breathe so deep that the new air you breathed in, goes both “up and down” from the core area. Hold your breath as long as you can.
- The air going “up” will be felt from the waist up through the spine and out the top of the head. I often feel small adjustments (movements) happening in my upper spine. It feels like things are moving where they are supposed to be and it feels wonderful.
- The air going “down” goes through the legs and raises the feet and legs upward, not upward toward the ceiling, but upward toward the hips and abs like you are stretching taller.
- Then slowly breathe out releasing air through your mouth visualizing darkness leaving your body.
- Repeat at least two times or more.
Tuning into your core abs
Sometimes it takes some time and practice to catch onto the brain connection to push the air up and down the body from the core abs. Pilates, an exercise that focuses on the abs, is a great exercise to help those struggling to connect to their core ab muscles.
Prior to meditation of the day
A good time to do deep breathing exercises presented in this blog is just prior to your meditation of the day.
Conclusion – More space has been created
I have only been doing focused deep breathing exercises for a few months but I have already noticed a difference. It feels like I am creating more space in my body and I feel more energetic. I definitely recommend doing the breathing technique I shared in this blog. It only takes a few minutes to receive the benefits of doing this healing and cleansing technique once per day performing the breathing sequence three times. (recommended minimum). Good Luck!
Top Featured Photo by Guilherme Stecanella