In the past few months, I have heard from a couple of different sources that “to bless everything” really makes a positive difference. So a couple of months ago, I decided to try out “blessing things”.
I began to bless people. When I would think of someone, I would simply say bless my mom, my sister, my son, etc. Although “blessing someone” is a fast phrase to think and say, it felt good to my whole being. The Bible tells us to love your enemies and bless them that curse you.
Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
It feels like blessing everything is related to giving away some love or light.
Dr. Masaru Emoto’s images of water
Dr. Masaru Emoto’s images of water before and after blessing water is strong proof that blessings, do not make just a positive difference, but a drastic difference for the better.
Considering that our bodies are around 70% water, this gives us a glimpse into what “blessing others” is doing. It is likely whatever we choose to bless even if it doesn’t contain a higher percentage of water, the results will follow the pattern of what happens to water.
I Love You
I had the thought “saying blessings” is a more comfortable way to say “I love you”. For example, it is more natural to say:
- Bless my shoulder than to say “I love you” shoulder
- or Bless the trees than to say “I love you” trees
- or Bless an acquaintance named Jake than to say “I love you” Jake
I think blessing things help us to become more comfortable saying, “I love you”.
I believe blessing everything is similar to love that cancels out sins just as this scripture from Proverbs promises.
Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. Proverbs 10:12
Helps neutralize projected negativity
When we work towards praying for our enemies and not contending with them, I think we are sending out love or light that will help neutralize projected hate, persecution, judgment, and anger. It is a reasonable assumption the more of God’s love that flows through us, the greater the blessing we are capable of sending out when we “bless everything” because we have more love to give.
This list of things “to bless” is just a starting point to be added to.
- Our work- I bless the work I do on this blog
More prayers for people
We can also bless people in difficult circumstances. Bless…….
- those in disaster areas you see on TV or YouTube
- those in areas of war and strife
- those in a car accident as you drive by
- those with hurt body parts that need healing
- the doctors and nurses attending to a hurt or sick individual
- a student to do well on his test
- the friendless with a friend
- the homeless
- the suppressed and those in slavery
- the person looking for employment
- a car to function properly and to reach the intended destination
- a home, vehicle, or pet with a blessing of protection
- those looking for truth
The world would quickly change for the better if people began blessing everything.
Top Featured Photo by Robert Lukeman