Many, especially women, make a conscious effort to avoid affiliating with the attributes of an elephant’s wrinkly, dry skin by employing a regular skincare routine. To my dismay, I noticed in some recent photos that my 59-year-old skin is looking drier and older. I quickly started to research to find the best natural face moisturizer for dry skin that rejuvenates and retards the advance of aging skin.
Not commonly known hydrator
To my surprise, I learned about a beneficial, not commonly known, skin
Vegetable Glycerin – The Best Natural Face Moisturizer Dry Skin
The glycerin used in most toiletries is vegetable glycerin which excited me because I already had some on hand because I use it in my immune booster recipe I make every other year. Vegetable glycerin is a natural by-product of oil production processes and has the following properties.
- Humectant- Draws moisture from the air to the skin, which is the reason it is an awesome moisturizer.
I started experimenting with glycerin and purified/distilled water in different proportions. For my skin, 4 parts water to 1 part glycerin was too sticky so I tried 6 parts water to 1 part vegetable glycerin which is the perfect mix for my skin.
Best Natural Face Moisturizer Dry Skin
Glycerin Water Moisturizer- Dry Skin Gone!
Here is my wonderful glycerin water moisturizer recipe to get rid of dry skin in proportions: 6 parts water to 1 part glycerin.
- 1 1/2 cups purified/distilled water (if you desire or have sensitive skin, you can use 1 T. of aloe vera gel to replace 1 T. of purified water.
- 1/4 cup vegetable glycerin- Because I prefer a larger bottle, my favorite glycerin is Essential Greener Life Essentials, non-GMO sustainable palm-based kosher pure pharmaceutical grade vegetable glycerin in a 43-ounce bottle. If you prefer a smaller bottle, I recommend Pure Organics vegetable glycerin in an 8-ounce bottle shown in the above-featured image.
- 16-ounce (2 cups) spritzer/spray bottle
Using a funnel, put all ingredients into a 16-ounce spritzer/spray bottle. Put on the lid. Shake. Close your eyes and spritz facial skin. Spritz as often as desired. The goal is to achieve dewy, supple skin.
Adjust glycerin to water ratio to fit your skin
Hands down, this is the best natural face moisturizer for dry skin! I am amazed at what it has done for my skin in a short amount of time. You can adjust the purified water-to-glycerin ratio to fit your skin’s needs. I found recommendations to use two parts water to one part glycerin, but that is way too sticky for me, and I consider my skin to be dry.
Half Batch of Glycerin Water Moisturizer (6 parts water to 1 part glycerin)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/8 cup vegetable glycerin- My recommendations are listed above
- 1 drop rosewood essential oil or tea tree oil if preferred- recommendations are listed above (If you use your glycerin water moisturizer quickly, the essential oil is optional.
- 8-ounce (1 cup) spritzer bottle
I doubt you will want to make a smaller batch than the half batch because this mixture goes quickly.
Aloe Vera Moisturizer
I also like to use an aloe vera moisturizer mix. I think the glycerin water moisturizer is the best for rehydrating the skin, but aloe vera gel is good to alleviate skin sensitivities while still moisturizing. Additionally, adding almond oil to the aloe vera moisturizer is beneficial because this oil promotes health for all types of skin and has acne-fighting properties without drying the skin.
Conclusion- Two Great Recipes
Glycerin is the best natural face moisturizer for dry skin because it is a humectant that draws moisture from the air to your skin. I am so pleased with the results of using glycerin water face moisturizer that I wanted to share it so others can enjoy this wonderful natural moisturizer too.
The aloe vera moisturizer recipe I also shared in the blog post promotes healthy skin and helps alleviate skin sensitivities. For convenience, you can mix the glycerin water moisturizer with the aloe vera moisturizer and place it into one spray container. I like the convenience of mixing the two recipes together.
Top Featured Photo by Chris Christensen